Does it wind you up when politicians feign being a man/woman of the people?

I know my point of view is going to be unpopular but I actually liked Turnbull because he never pretended he wasn’t an elite and successful businessman. His net worth is in the hundreds of millions and he wasn’t ashamed of it, he put millions of his own dollars into his schemes. Scomo is on $500,000+ a year but... show more I know my point of view is going to be unpopular but I actually liked Turnbull because he never pretended he wasn’t an elite and successful businessman. His net worth is in the hundreds of millions and he wasn’t ashamed of it, he put millions of his own dollars into his schemes.

Scomo is on $500,000+ a year but attends a NRL match pretending to be a common bogan just before an election. How stupid does he think people are? He couldn’t look more out of place. Abbott was an Oxford Uni educated politician who often turned up at bars across the country, downing pints, pretending to be a regular alcoholic. Okay, he did actually pull that off quite convincingly.

Don’t get fooled by politicians who are in it for the payout though. None of them care about the average working/middle-class person.