6yr son has chicken pox like spots but no itching/fever, etc. Is it chicken pox?

6yr son has chicken pox like spots but no itching/fever, etc. Is it chicken pox? He had just 10 spots yesterday and they appear to match pics I have seen - small red spots with like a blister in top (some appear to have begun scabbing where he has caught them). Today he has 20+ on his torso (front and back) and... show more 6yr son has chicken pox like spots but no itching/fever, etc. Is it chicken pox?
He had just 10 spots yesterday and they appear to match pics I have seen - small red spots with like a blister in top (some appear to have begun scabbing where he has caught them). Today he has 20+ on his torso (front and back) and even his armpit. He is perfectly well in himself, normal temp, good appetite and the spots don t appear to itch him at all. Not heat rash or hives. A few cases of chicken pox reported at school and, as I understand, it takes a couple of weeks to appear. Is it likely chicken pox? It s perplexing as these spots don t seem to itch! If it is, how long before he can mix with other children as he has football school in five days and he will be devastated to miss it!! Thanks