Is psychosis a disability?

My doctor said since I've reacted badly to meds for schizophrenia then it means I'm probably suffering from psychosis which has some of the same symptoms of schizophrenia like hallucinations and sounds and displacement from reality but the cause may not be the same. or something. I'm going through a... show more My doctor said since I've reacted badly to meds for schizophrenia then it means I'm probably suffering from psychosis which has some of the same symptoms of schizophrenia like hallucinations and sounds and displacement from reality but the cause may not be the same. or something.

I'm going through a disability review now, am I going to lose it? Idk. I also have depression anxiety and fibromyalgia and ODD.
Update: I'm sorry guys Im still a little confused... like. so Psychosis is the main symptom of schizophrenia, but schizophrenia is not the same thing as psychosis? well if psychosis is just a symptom of schizophrenia, then if I dont have schizophrenia, then what do I have?