How happy are you City are out of the CL ?

Is it because you bitter and twisted haters know how good this team is ?

Defensive frailties cost us, you can't concede 3 goals at home and realistically expect to go through so no complaints about var or missed chances from me.

Kompany had no match fitness for such a big game either did he ?

All this jubilation suggests you know it was a cruel result but heh, City have a domestic treble to go for..............you've got f*ck all ?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

No, a bit sad really as I thought City might have gone on to win it, especially if Barcelona turn Liverpool over. To be honest I don't mind which team wins as long as they are English. It would have been nice for City and I have been quite fond of the club going back to the 1970's and can name a lot of their players of that era. I liked big Joe Corrigan, Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee and Franny Lee. They were good days alright. I sort of miss the old black and red stripes though.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

very happy

• 8 months ago

I wasnt really bothered and I dont hold any hate towards Man City.Although Liverpool should be given some attention for how well they have reached the Champions League semi finals for the second year in a row.

• Viva
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

All these excuses are bad! City have so much money they have one of the deepest teams in Europe so if Kompany "wasn't fit" then Mr. Potato head Guardiola should be blamed for starting him in the first place when he has other options! Kompany has a history of being destroyed by big clubs though so it's really a lack of ability that cost him!

I was pleased to see City crash and burn yet again, I can't lie, and it was even more satisfying that it was Spurs that did it! Lol.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Didn't really care. Liverpool are through to the semi-final against Barcelona. That's all I care about. Whether Citeh won their tie or not is of no consequence.

• 8 months ago

Extremely happy because Spurs are through, but by the same token I can relate to the frustrations that some City fans must be feeling, because City are a real attacking force and it showed. But Spurs gave a momentous performance and we really played to our potential, we just need to maintain this standard and then we could be in the CL final and then who knows in a one off final. It was very satisfying to see us play so well and go toe to toe with City and come out victorious, it has to be said.

Kompany as you suggested is getting on and he is not the player that he was over 90 minutes. I think that City's Achilles heel has been their defense this season(Liverpool and Spurs have stronger defenses in my opinion). Laporte made some mistakes yesterday and at this world class level you will get punished. Sane and Fernandinho probably should of started for City as well, but at this level this game was going to be extremely tough whoever played. At the end of the day I'm just happy that Spurs showed their backbone and that we are now into the elite stage of the semi finals.

• 8 months ago

We were unlucky at least the treble is still coming and its more than most teams can look forward to.

• 8 months ago

I'm happy they are out because it is amazing for Spurs who have been rising over the last few years. If City progressed I would be happy for them, we need English clubs going far in these competitions. I will add that I would have liked to see Ajax play Manchester City as I am curious after knocking out Real Madrid and Juventus,, how would Ajax fare against City. I am hoping for a Spurs/Liverpool final with Spurs coming out on top. It would be up there with the likes of Porto in 2004, Dortmund 97 etc.

• John
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

i'm devastated.

really didn't see us progressing but laporte was terrible and pep's defensive selection was questionable. he's an experienced manager, he of all people should know that you have to field a strong squad in games like these when you know the opposition can and will capitalise on your errors. and with all that was riding on the games i was surprised by the lineup but it helped us didnt it lol

• John
      Lv 5
      8 months agoReport

fingers crossed. will be a good final no matter what i reckon

• iv'e had a rye smile on my face, seriously monny it's obvious you will get backs up by constantly proclaiming quadruple's and even quintuples, still well done for coming back on and posting a question, not the easiest thing in the world..and i havn't forgotten your still chasing a treble...... worst thing about it prob for you is, i will guarantee, Sky are going to show that game in upcoming years as classic UEFACL a game, it goes w/o saying tbh

the critical decision itself?, really could of gone either way, and it almost did, coast is almost clear now for us famous last words and all that but i don't fear Barca, we're not your other half iykwim..

• Monny
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Liverpool will beat Barca.................City did and Messi, Suarez and Neymar all played ! And I live for winding people up ;)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.