Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 8 months ago

Should climate change protesters in London be banned from flying ?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Yes total hypocrits. Extinction Rebellion? should have been called the "Trust Fund Kids" rebellion.

• don r
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

no

• 8 months ago

Yes, because the jet engines increase global warming and CO2 emissions. Plus they must be true to their cause and set a good example.

• 8 months ago

No, they should be beaten around the head until they have some sense hammered into them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

why?

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Sure - just as soon as we put a muzzle on the rabid dog Trump.

• 8 months ago

No ...

I can't speak for other people, but I can speak for myself. I live in Ireland, a pretty wealthy nation. I like my standard of living. I like being able to jump on a plane and travel to Paris in an hour, or to the Mediterranean in three. Is that hypocritical of me when I'm concerned about our CO2 emissions?

Not at all. I want us all to continue to have these perks of Western life. But if we all agree that air travel is something we want to keep, then that means we need to offset those emissions elsewhere. We can do things like build electric trams, trains, and buses so our public transport emissions drop. We can power them and reduce CO2 emissions by adding wind, solar, maybe wave or tidal into the mix. We can offer incentives for people to buy plug-in hybrids so we reduce CO2 from cars in cities. And so on.

But to do this we need some joined up thinking by government and public debate on what fossil fuel burning tech we are prepared to give up, and what we want to keep.

• 8 months ago

Libs like these are the ultimate hypocrites. Al Gore can live in a mansion which uses as much power as a small city and people still think he really cares about the environment. Libs want to maintain their standard of living while making YOU pay the price.

Banning protestors from indulging in the very things they protest might seem like a good idea, but it is not. Anybody with half a brain can see right through them (which leaves out most of their liberal followers). Let them protest and then get back into their cars and go back to their climate controlled homes. Most of us know what's going on.

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

No but you'd think they might self ban themselves if they understand the meaning of hypocrisy.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes

Or driving. Or riding a farting horse .. or walking because humans emit CO2.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.