Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 months ago

will my fiance resent me for this?

So I'm a Christian. Very devoted. But I'm not one of those people who shoves it into others faces.

My fiance is a antogonist. He's not necessarily an atheist. He just chooses to not believe into something that has no evidence.

We live together and I moved closer to him. But I attend church every Sunday. He has told me if I ever want him to go to church with me "just ask" lately I just asked him to join me for Jesus Supper tonight and my baptism in a few weeks.

He said he would go. But I fear he would resent me. I know he's not into religion and he always resented it growing up because his mother forced religion upon him :/

Now he's dealing with me going to church. Maybe I'm overthinking this.

Is it possible he will resent me?

wow. the assaults by the Christ like people here (sarcasm alert) on you make me want to come to your aid

NO he will not resent if you equally reciprocate doing things he wants

---------------------

I am agnostic and agree with the people saying you should have a person of equal beliefs religion wise

not because god will kick you in the head ... but because while now you are flexible (now) ,, in 10 years most likely you will not be so understanding and YOU will personally destroy the relationship if you demand he and his children attend your church.

if this occurs and you end up divorced with children IT WILL BE ALL YOUR FAULT not his

no one to blame no matter what

a agnostic or deist like Thomas Jefferson can appreciate the lessons of Jesus without believing he was anything but a man -- while one of the two people I am most fond of are Christians and VERY CHRIST LIKE .. they would never attack you as the listed so called Christians have

most self proclaimed Christians are not very Christ like

and I do agree it is hard to be alone and you may b with him while a good person the wrong one for you..

expect church attendance no more than 1 time a year and he will never believe should be you expectation

Proof of gods existence to convince someone who does not believe is not a earthy lesson

I have been there talked to the most educated Christians and in the end all of the attempts end in a feeling not facts -- FYI the bible is not proof, we do not see it as any more than Aesop's Fables -- just stories not facts.

do not bully him

take responsibility for your choice, once made you must realize it is your responsibility to keep the peace -- this means keeping your family off his back on this

• Tara

2 Corinthians 6:14-16 14Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever

• Foofa

Your Freudian slip of using "antagonist" when you probably meant "Agnostic" is somewhat telling. But, yes, religion is one of those third rails of a relationship that can often lead to major problems. You and he may now be just too different in your overall ethos to make a relationship work.

If your fiance is not a christian and you are, AND you are living with him, then maybe you should reexamine your christianity. Would you tell your preacher that you're living with him and he is not a committed believer? I think not.. Maybe you're not yet ready for baptism, what do you think?

No he won't

I think you're over thinking it. He's going for YOU, not for any other reason. It is HIS choice whether or not to go and if he decides to go, then that's on him, not you.

• Kris

I think you need to go off of his actions. He told you if you ever want him to go, just ask. And also, you asked, and he said yes.... What's the problem here?

You're overthinking it. It sounds so far like he's supportive, and that's all you can really ask for. If he doesn't want to go or he's uncomfortable, he'll tell you.

If he said yes why do you think no? If he loves you and he says yes trust him. And if he resents you after he said yes he is not worth you. Then he a fool

You invited him, he can decide to go or not. I kinda doubt if he chooses to go he will then resent you for simply inviting him. Don't worry about it, he's a big boy he can choose to go or not on his own. Also the term is Agnostic.

compel him...see this is why bible say dont be unequally yoked together.

Source(s): www.ibelieve.com/relationships/30-day-prayer...
    • Liz

Compel him...you fvckwit. LOL