Is it possible to get a feral kitten to like being held and petted?

I found a feral kitten over the winter who was in pretty sad shape. I took her in, cleaned her up, fed her, got her checked by a vet. Physically she is healthy and happy, and has adjusted to being an indoor cat. In fact, she was afraid of the grass when I took her outside in my fenced yard. She loves to play,... show more I found a feral kitten over the winter who was in pretty sad shape. I took her in, cleaned her up, fed her, got her checked by a vet. Physically she is healthy and happy, and has adjusted to being an indoor cat. In fact, she was afraid of the grass when I took her outside in my fenced yard. She loves to play, and has bonded with my other cat. But she hates to be petted or held. The only time she willingly snuggles with me is at night when I am in bed. But even then, she usually sleeps down by my feet, only coming up to let me pet her once in awhile. I am wondering if I force her to let me hold her and pet her, will she eventually start to enjoy it, or will I just make her mad and afraid I am going to pick her up, so she will run away if I get too close to her? I think she is about five or six months old now.