Did I flee or is the other driver at fault in this car accident?

So I was driving on the highway when I suddenly had to stop because there was traffic, but then I ended up getting rear ended and hurt a smash into my car from behind. Well it was night and raining and I didn’t feel safe pulling my car over right away and I didn’t think my car was so damaged. So I kept driving... show more So I was driving on the highway when I suddenly had to stop because there was traffic, but then I ended up getting rear ended and hurt a smash into my car from behind. Well it was night and raining and I didn’t feel safe pulling my car over right away and I didn’t think my car was so damaged. So I kept driving maybe a mile to the nearest exit off the highway and parked my car in a parking lot to check out my car. Now I never motioned the car Who rear ended me to follow me but when i got to the parking lot off the highway he didn’t follow me. My insurance paid for the damage luckily. But I’m worried if the person who hit my car is safe and fine? Who is at fault?