What happens if court ordered child support isn't paid ?

My daughter's dad was court ordered to pay child support and I only receive one payment out of $450.00. He owes in arrears $9000 - what happens if this continues. I took care of our daughter 3 years without his support.
Update: I live in the state of Louisiana don't know the laws here regards to this
Update 2: I need the courts to make him pay me $4000 in back child support. He owes the state $4000.
Update 3: I have a lawyer in place to get custody of my daughter. She's with me and has been with me since birth.
8 answers 8