Need advice on this situation, didnt want to be forward but wanted to be honest?

Today, my guy friend that I work with joked that one of our female coworkers said that she sees him like a brother. He asked me if I saw him as a brother and I told him no. He has been showing me signs that he likes me for weeks now and after I said that I noticed he kept staring at me when I was helping other... show more Today, my guy friend that I work with joked that one of our female coworkers said that she sees him like a brother. He asked me if I saw him as a brother and I told him no. He has been showing me signs that he likes me for weeks now and after I said that I noticed he kept staring at me when I was helping other people where I work. It seemed like he didn't want to leave after I told him this. 

If a girl tells a guy that she does not see him as a brother, will he think she likes him? I didn't want to be forward but wanted to be honest.