Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 year ago

My. Mom is so frustrating?

My mom is the most frustrating person ive ever met, she constantly nags and complains and cries over the tiniest things like her ex husban sending her a video. Or a bad day at work, i cant count the amount of times she hasnsaid shes suicidal and wants to give up and shes jusy so sick of it all just brcause her work was hard that day.

The worst part is that she makes it hard on herself and when u try to tell her this in anyways she just gets mad. For example, every single time a guest says ther coming over after work she will go absolutely crazy to make everything look perfect, she will even go so far as to biy thing we cant really afford. She has this control thing aswell, i told her i wanted to move out next year since ill be at college and she just threw a hissy fit and got all salty about it. She also constantly wants to know where we are going and what we are doing, even though my oldest brother is 23, she says its just to be safe, but its seems over the top to me.

Its not like me an dmy siblings are doing nothing, we pay for food, fuel, etc so many times. We always comfort her, do the dishes, etc, but its never done good enough apparently. When she gets annoyed or mad, she takes it out on me usually, and sometimes everyone else.

I know shes had a tough time and is struggling with a recent divorce from an avusive man, but I just dont know how to handle her anymore.

• 1 year ago

rnaybe you should rnove out then

1 year ago

We have tried telling her to get counselling, she just says yea snd ignores it. We have even tried booking her appointments ourseleves and she just blows them off, or she constantly says she wishes she never left our dad whom abused us as much as he did her.

I do care about her i really do, but she acts as if when things dont gi her way its all so. Unfair. I myself have sever depression and anxiety, since I was 9 years old ive tried. To. Commit suicide multiple times. Because she just never was there. When i tell. Her these thing or just tell her im suicidal, she will just sigh or say whatever, or cry again. I need her as much as she needs me, but at this stage all she is doing is driving me away and being hurtful because she neglects herself and is selfish at the same time if that makes any sense.

1 year ago

You know what's frustrating? Saying you need help and not getting it. So you wash some dishes. Great. Do you take her to counseling or call someone when she says she is suicidal? Or do you "count the cost" first.

• 1 year ago

So daddy was abusive....to you all as well or just to her? That's the reason she's so needy and while you live with her you just have to put up with it. She will get better with time as long as she doesn't rush headlong into another relationship (probably a similar guy to your father) before she's back to normal. This will take at least 3 years before she's anything like normal again. Sadly, as kids, you all have to put up with it. You'll be better off once you go to college and move out - but don't abandon her. Sounds like she needs professional counselling. If she's not getting any - suggest it. There are organisations like Victim Support (in the UK) who know how to deal with this sort of problem. Remember, she has probably spent years being frightened of everything - not least your dad's reactions - so it's no wonder she's frightened for all her children. It just comes out as fussy and finicky which is really annoying. I do understand. Get her some proper counselling support as soon as possible.

• Steve
    1 year ago

You’ll get your turn to be suicidal.

Cheers.

1 year ago

POOPY CACA