True/false: high end makeup are better than drugstore makeup?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Mostly false. I do not go for the cheapest drug store options, but I am happy with L'Oréal or Max Factor. Mid range brands like Benefit are also great. Urban decay- only because its also animal friendly. But I have also owned Dior make up, and I can tell you - I did not notice any difference. In fact, I prefer the Max Factor.

• Shon
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

As a man, I would say nothing about this.

• 8 months ago

I actually like drug store foundations better than high end foundations. There's a Mary Kay mascara I really like, but I think I like Maybelline mascara just as much. So, to answer the question...in most cases, in my opinion, no.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Probably. The best stuff costs more.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

It all depends

• 8 months ago

Mostly false except in one category: foundation and base make-up. With base, powder and foundation products price matters -cheap make-up has fillers and can look chalky and cakey. Expensive ones have finer pigments, less chalk and look more natural. Eye shadows do tend to be better quality in mid range lines such as MAC, Benefit, Too Faced and similar but there's a line of diminishing returns -once you get into Dior, Guerlain and Chanel price points you aren't getting anything better or different from the mid rage products. Mascaras are mostly the same no matter what you spend and some drug store brands are far superior. For the most part you can buy make up at drug stores and look as good as women who spend hundreds of dollars more at department stores and place like Sephora. .

• 8 months ago

False.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

False.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

High end morals are better than high end make up

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

False. Drug store is better. High end you pay for the name

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.