Do you think there are a lot of weirdos these days?

recently I met a lot of friends of my dad because my dad is in a hospital. One old guy around 70 (he is a district attorney), we gave him a bread sandwich. And there is a plastic wrap (not the paper one). Then I asked this guy "are you going to eat that bread, sir?" he replied "I dont know how... show more recently I met a lot of friends of my dad because my dad is in a hospital.

One old guy around 70 (he is a district attorney), we gave him a bread sandwich. And there is a plastic wrap (not the paper one). Then I asked this guy "are you going to eat that bread, sir?"
he replied "I dont know how to open this..." (it was just a plastic wrap, you can just open it). then I tore the plastic wrap for this poor confused man. And I wonder if he is in good mental condition.

Another priest at our church also talked weird.....

I wonder why these men are weirdos.. what happened to them?
Update: BTW my dad is 80 and I'm 40.... years old. I'm not confused with their mental stage.
Update 2: "Did you not understand what he was saying or did you disagree with what he was saying?"
Neither..... I understood but he said a lot of weird things
Update 3: weird in my definition, when someone is crazy and in a mental condition