Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 months ago

Puppy beaten to death?

My friends 6 month old husky puppy escaped their yard and went into their neighbors yard. Then the adult son (27 year old) of that house beat the puppy to death in the head with a hammer. Then dumped the puppies body on their front porch for my friend and her young siblings to see the mutilated dog.

THE COPS SAY THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING!!! I thought animal abuse was a criminal offense?

We have a posted this post all over facebook and are just trying to seek justice for this poor baby!

Update:

I just want to know what we can do at this point. I have been in tears for these past 2 days, I want justice.

Attachment image

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Idk. It is legal to shoot a dog if they are on your property.. But they may mean that like it has to be a quick death. If they don't there truly isn't anything you can do

• Anna
      Lv 5
      8 months agoReport

Was only a puppy it was hardly a threat to him was it? He's just an animal abusing sociopath.

• J M
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Take the man to small claims court for damages. Animal cruelty is a crime. Contact the SPCA or animal control for help.

A husky puppy costs money and you are entitled to damages.

• Anna
      Lv 5
      8 months agoReport

So just cause it costs money the owner is entitled to damages? What about it being a living being that got killed by the neighbourhood sociopath? The owner is partially to blame for letting her puppy roam loose into their garden.

• 8 months ago

you should make a report to the court and try make the neighbor to come to the court and get money from them. you can find a good trusted lawyer that will stand up for you and help fight against the animal abused. and also have some prove what happen so that you wont fail in the room.

• TK
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

What evidence do you have that the neighbor's son killed the animal? Video? Did anyone get a confession on video? You may "know" what happened but how can you prove it? And I'm so sorry about the puppy. Siberians are escape artists, as every owner should know BEFORE acquiring one.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • J C
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

As disgusting as this is, without proof there isn't much of anything the police can do. How do they know it was the neighbor? Proof is needed in any crime, be it animal cruelty, robbery, etc.

• 8 months ago

Just to add to what has already been said here - ANYBODY who can do this to an innocent animal could do the same to another human being. So some authority has to take note!!

ps Did people (anybody) see this happening re hitting it on the head with a hammer? They may be needed should your friend proceed with their own Court case?

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

This is classed as animal cruelty and you should report it to the ASPCA or equivalent who may investigate and if possible bring a Lawsuit against the person who inflicted this cruelty on the dog.

Also seek the advice of a lawyer to see what other avenues you can go down to make this disgusting cruel person pay for what he did.

Just because the puppy escaped and got into a neighbours yard, is no excuse for someone to kill it in that way, and in the UK that would make headline news at least and I`m sure the person responsible would be afraid to leave his house for fear of retribution from animal lovers.

Maybe a call to the media with this story would be helpful. Jmo.

Jmo.

Source(s): (UK)
  • mokrie
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Oh my God-- I am so sorry. Thank goodness I don't live next door to that guy or I would go to prison for what I do to that scum. I hope you get justice. Call the humane society and report this...Call Peta too...google the numbers.

• Anna
      Lv 5
      8 months agoReport

He is a disturbed sociopath but whose to say he wouldn't attack you back with a hammer? If he can beat a puppy to death with a hammer he can attack a person with a hammer too. He should be locked up indefinitely in a mental institution.

• 8 months ago

It most definitely is a crime and a horrendous crime if what you say is true. Go to the police station and ask why nothing can be done. Call the local TV stations and newspapers and ask if they can help.

If not, put up fliers everywhere of picture of the puppy killer letting people know what they did (you could get in trouble for this, but it is probably worth it...it would/could generate a lot of publicity.)

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I would keep going to another department to see if they can do anything like if the city can not do something maybe the county can and so on and so fourth. Keep posting stuff to get the message across and maybe even consider a civil suit.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.