What reason would someone have to quickly pack up and leave everything behind?

What reason would someone have to quickly pack up a portion of their belongings, ditch their apartment, leave so much of their belongings in that apartment (give some away maybe), leave a note to building management saying they’ve left for good and apologizing for not being able to get all their stuff out in time.... show more What reason would someone have to quickly pack up a portion of their belongings, ditch their apartment, leave so much of their belongings in that apartment (give some away maybe), leave a note to building management saying they’ve left for good and apologizing for not being able to get all their stuff out in time. This person had lived in this apartment for a very long time. And then all of a sudden leaves in such a hurry, leaving so much behind. No explanation. What reason would someone have, to leave in this way? It has me confused me, and some other people as well. I don’t know this person personally, I’m just curious about what would pressure someone to do that.