Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 8 months ago

Why do insurances agencies try so hard to avoid paying claims?

What the hell are we paying them for?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Insurance is a gamble. You are betting you Will have a claim and they are betting you Won't.

Either way, you lose.

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Either your claim is not covered by the police or you failed to show a proper proof of loss

• 8 months ago

You claim against a policy issued by a company, not their agency. They are in the business to make a profit, like most businesses. They don't simply hand out money to anyone who asks; you need to provide proof of your claim. If they refuse to pay promptly, you sue them and it gets resolved quickly.

• 8 months ago

All money in & No money out is their mindset

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

because they are really legalized criminals

• Tom
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It's fairly obvious as to why - insurance agencies are businesses. Like all businesses, they exist in order to make a profit. Insurance agencies who generously pay out claims are not profitable. There are bigger bonuses for the corporate heads when claims are denied. This is simply how the world works.

• 8 months ago

Agencies do not pay claims. They sell policies. Insurance COMPANIES and adjusters pay claims. You may be talking to the wrong person. As to "why," the answer is profit.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

The less they pay, the more profit they make. That is the nature of for profit healthcare.

• 8 months ago

I have never had an insurance company fight to not pay a claim.

Including I had a new car that came damaged, a couple dents the size of a pencil eraser that I found 4 days after owning the car. I tried for months to get the dealership to repair it. SEVEN months later I filed the claim with the insurance company. They paid and that was the end.

• 8 months ago

Because they are for-profit companies. There is absolutely no profit in playing claims, but MAD profits are to be made in collecting premiums. This is called business, and it's unethical, but won't be changing anytime soon.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.