Swapping SSD from old laptop into my new laptop with HDD?

Messed up the motherboard on my old laptop and my screen quit illuminating, I was only able to use the hdmi onto a TV, touch screen would still work. Anyways, I found a computer with similar specs, same graphics card but different processor. The new laptop is a used laptop. I turned it on and it s on the set up... show more Messed up the motherboard on my old laptop and my screen quit illuminating, I was only able to use the hdmi onto a TV, touch screen would still work.

Anyways, I found a computer with similar specs, same graphics card but different processor. The new laptop is a used laptop. I turned it on and it s on the set up screen to select language.

I have a files and software on my old laptop that I d like to keep and I bought this used laptop because my SSD will fit. I have only swapped in a new harddrive, never a hard drive that I had files I wanted to keep. I was going to swap it in and hope it worked but I dont think it will be that easy.

My old laptop is a ASUS Q504UA with a 500GB SSD
It has the HD520
Intel i5 7200

The new (used) laptop is a HP 15-AN098NR.
1TB HHD
The HD520 and NVIDIA 12gb.
Intel i7

Any help or suggestions on getting my SSD into this new computer is appreciated.