Why is my girl dog being mean to my boy dog when they come inside?

I have a boy and girl German shepherd. They've always got along fine and they had a litter. I had the puppies and mom in my room and any time mom saw dad she went crazy and attacked him even if the puppies were nowhere near them. After the puppies were gone to new homes they started getting along again but when... show more I have a boy and girl German shepherd. They've always got along fine and they had a litter. I had the puppies and mom in my room and any time mom saw dad she went crazy and attacked him even if the puppies were nowhere near them. After the puppies were gone to new homes they started getting along again but when she is in my room and the boy tries to come in she growls at him. Why is this? Dad is a very dominant dog towards other males and could easily tear her apart but he just cowards and avoids her