If you drink a soda, but double your water intake that day does that beat out the soda you drank as far as removing those calories?

I drink three 40 ounce bottles (out of my water thermos that holds 40 ounces of water) of water a day. If I do drink a soda, it's at work and it's a can of mountain dew, but today it was a bottle of mountain dew with more calories than a can has. I'm on spring break from my job and cheated on my no soda... show more I drink three 40 ounce bottles (out of my water thermos that holds 40 ounces of water) of water a day. If I do drink a soda, it's at work and it's a can of mountain dew, but today it was a bottle of mountain dew with more calories than a can has. I'm on spring break from my job and cheated on my no soda no bread diet i had going this week by drinking the bottle of soda. Does drinking more water than soda help any like flush out the calories or anything?