Is a transmission flush machine really necessary? (ASE Techs awnsers only please)?

I am an ase certified tech myself. I am asking this question because I was trained to use a machine, and always used one except for drain and fills. But as far as an at home job, I dont see the machine as a necessary item. I could just seperate the trans cooler lines and gravity feed transmission fluid and let the... show more I am an ase certified tech myself. I am asking this question because I was trained to use a machine, and always used one except for drain and fills. But as far as an at home job, I dont see the machine as a necessary item. I could just seperate the trans cooler lines and gravity feed transmission fluid and let the transmission pump do all the work. I think the theory is pretty sound, just dont wanna gamble with my transmission. Alternatively I can use a pressurized container.
1 answer 1