I’m staying in my van for awhile indefinitely. How dangerous, if at all, is it to keep a 14gal gas can in vehicle if I’m living in it.?

I just ordered the flo n go 14gal gas caddy. Need to know if safe I keep it in my van while I live in my van basically. Need it to be cuz I can’t retirn the gas can.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

A gas can is a bomb. DO not keep a gas can on a passenger compartment. I had a business acquaintance who died due to carrying a gas can in his Jeep.

• Adam7 months agoReport

I don’t really drive with it anywhere. I’m only concerned about the breathing issue not burning up etc

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Find a room mate. Split a dumpy apartment in the city if you have to. Give up the van if you have to. But dont be homeless. Thats not a first choice at all.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

As long as the fumes from the evaporating fuel don't fill up the air space in the van, you'll be fine.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

If it is a safe can intended for gas it should be not much more dangerous than the van's gas tank. Propane bottles by contrast are usually stored outside. Your best answer is to get a fire extinguisher. I have one for my van, which is a vw, always known for engine fires.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

i dont think its a good idea, rnaybe you should sell your van and rent a roorn sornewheres

• Anon
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

Obvious the $600 for the van is only good for one month. People do what they Have to do, 100% employment is impossible. Even then, many jobs wont even pay your rent.

• 7 months ago

It isn't safe to live in the van. The gas can doesn't make much difference. The gas tank is equally an issue.

• Anon
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

Or, it gets 20 below in winter. Id take chances inside rather tan outside, too.

• martin
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Assuming you don't smoke and others won't be smoking around your van, it should be safe as long as you're not smelling gas fumes.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Expect to DIE. Not Joking. Big ball of flames.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.