How do I set a volleyball better?

I am a setter for my high school team and next year I will be a starter after our senior setter graduates, but I suck at setting and literally no one else can set, so we are basically screwed. Any tips on how to improve? I know most of the basics but for some reason I can never set accurately. I sometimes double... show more I am a setter for my high school team and next year I will be a starter after our senior setter graduates, but I suck at setting and literally no one else can set, so we are basically screwed. Any tips on how to improve? I know most of the basics but for some reason I can never set accurately. I sometimes double and I can only make the ball go either high or far, but not both. Also, I cannot manage to set quietly a very loud smack is made ever time I touch a ball (partially because my team cannot pass either :( and the ball comes flying at my face) I dunno some setters make it look so effortless. Maybe I need to run faster too
Update: I prob also lack use of legs for setting but how do people set that far even when jump setting?