Is my boyfriend a hypocrite? Or are people really capable of complete 180 degrees changes in lifestyle ?

I'm one week into a relationship with my new boyfriend, he's a business school grad from some high society university in Paris, and is currently working as a business consultant and charges huge amounts an hour. For the 6 months I've known him he seemed very conservative almost to an Alt Right type of... show more I'm one week into a relationship with my new boyfriend, he's a business school grad from some high society university in Paris, and is currently working as a business consultant and charges huge amounts an hour.
For the 6 months I've known him he seemed very conservative almost to an Alt Right type of ideology, he keeps talking about Europe being the motherland and how he will leave the US someday and go live on a farm in Denmark where he will live a self efficient lifestyle with his family of 6 children ( he jokes about wanting to re empower the European seed lol), he isnt necessarily Christian but he admires the Christian faith and tells me that he's an admirer of both the Crusaders and the Norsemen, yesterday when he saw footage of the Notre Dame de Paris burning he was reduced to tears and today he is not eating because he says he doesn't feel like eating.
After going through his computer( with his consent) I discovered that he lived a staunchly liberal past, he had African partners, midget partners, polygamous relationships and experimented with some gay boys as a teen, he tells me that he stores these pictures, videos and diaries of himself to have a historic record of his ideology being formed. What bothered me is how honest and shameless he is about it. He actually has porn sex tapes with midgets and 2 African prostitutes where he jokes about forming an Oreo, how can someone go from orgy, LSD and electronic raves to churches, classical music and charities in a year?
1 answer 1