What does Inflammation of the sinuses cause??!?

So I was sick with a cold for like week before I went to the doctors. The doctor said I had an infection in my sinuses causing me to have a warm face and occasionally warm ears at night and nasal discharge and congestion with cough. I took some antibiotics but no success, and now, a few weeks in, I’m at another... show more So I was sick with a cold for like week before I went to the doctors. The doctor said I had an infection in my sinuses causing me to have a warm face and occasionally warm ears at night and nasal discharge and congestion with cough. I took some antibiotics but no success, and now, a few weeks in, I’m at another kind of antibiotics.

The doctor today saw that I still had inflamed sinuses. But most of my symptoms have faded except occasional clear nasal discharge, a warm feeling(no fever though) in my face (cheeks mostly)and sometimes ears(lobes and behind ear), and some pressure/ache above my eyebrows. I also have this weird smell I sense when I breathe through my nose. I’m starting to get worried since it’s doesnt seem to go away.

So what does inflammation of the Sinuses cause?
Did I list most of them?, especially curious about the warm face and ears and your experiences