Whose at fault? (Driving)?

Got yelled at by an adult driver today (I am a high school senior) for slowing down in a left turn, as she was apparently inches from hitting me. I yelled in the same force back at her that I was in the right and she would have been at fault in an accident (this conversation occurred in a parking lot). Here was the... show more Got yelled at by an adult driver today (I am a high school senior) for slowing down in a left turn, as she was apparently inches from hitting me. I yelled in the same force back at her that I was in the right and she would have been at fault in an accident (this conversation occurred in a parking lot). Here was the scenario.

It is dark outside. I am in a left turn lane to turn onto one lane each way road. The light is green, but there is no left turn solid green arrow. I begin my turn at 9MPH until I see a runner about to cross the street in front of me. The pedestrian light was solid red. I hit my brakes to make sure he wouldn't run out in front of me and I hit him. The car behind me takes a second to react but then hits the horn and swerves to the side (Not positive the exact distance behind me, but this probably means she was tailgating me at the time). The pedestrian waves for me to go and I do so.

Despite the fact that I should have reacted calmer to her aggression (she had almost of an attitude of I am a more mature driver than you (which she is)), who is right here? If she hit me, who is at fault? Did I make the right decision?
Update: She was behind me in the left turning lane.