Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 8 months ago

Why does it hurt so much to be fired?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You don't let it hurt you, You polish up your resume and start looking. In this day and age, try to find someone who hasn't been fired at one time or other,

• RICK
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Wouldn't know, never screwed up enough to get fired

• 8 months ago

It hurts because you take it personally, it's a shock, possibly surprising, financially scary, and creates an uncertain future. Of course there are times when you might expect being let go because you've been warned about your performance problems or about the company having to lay off employees. Sometimes it's your problem, and sometimes it's just bad luck.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You take it how you take it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

I have no idea. I can see why it might hurt if you get laid off, because that is something that is no fault of your own. If you get fired however, in all likelihood it’s the direct result of some deliberate action on your part.

• martin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It's an insult, like saying you were doing a bad job or someone else could do it better.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Probably because you’ve essentially just been told in a civilised way that you’re so **** at your job that you’re just using up space in exchange for their money

• 8 months ago

I don't know. Oh, I've been fired, but it never hurt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.