Will I get the rental I want?

I found an ad I liked when I was house searching. It only had one picture though. And it said my application had to be approved to have a showing. So I applied, and I was approved. On Friday I am going to see the place and I am confident I will like the place. I will be bringing the deposit with me. But I am... show more I found an ad I liked when I was house searching. It only had one picture though. And it said my application had to be approved to have a showing. So I applied, and I was approved.

On Friday I am going to see the place and I am confident I will like the place. I will be bringing the deposit with me.

But I am curious about the likelihood of me getting this house. When I approved, do they continue to receive applications and/or show the house? And when I go to see the house, will I be able to offer my deposit same day and sign the lease same day?

It is a property management rental.

They did let me know that the house is currently occupied and will be available May 20.

I am in California and house is in Stanislaus county.

Please let me know what you think.