promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

For me to get a driver's license do I bring the documents and the fee and then do I get the driver's license immediately within seconds?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

If you're over the age of 18 and if you don't already have some sort of restricted license (a learner's license), you bring all the documents that you'll need to prove identity and residency with you, when you go to the DMV office.

Step 1: Pay the license application fee.

Step 2: Take & pass the vision exam. (If you can't pass the vision exam, you'll have to get corrective lenses & come back another day and re-take and pass the vision exam before you can proceed any further in the testing process).

Step 3: Take and pass the written test. You have to pass the written test before you'll be allowed to take the road test. Steps 1, 2, and 3 are all completed the same day.

Step 4: Make an appointment to take the road test a few days later. In many DMV offices, you have to make an appointment because of the lack of manpower for an officer to accompany you during the road test and because of the length of time if takes to complete the road test.

Step 5: If you pass the road test, you'll be issued a valid "paper" license that day, to use until you receive your permanent laminated license in the mail in about one week. The paper license looks exactly the same as your permanent license, except it's printed in black & white on paper.

Somewhere during all the testing process, the DMV wlll take the photo that will appear on your driver's license.

You usually get 3 tries to pass Steps 2, 3, or 4 within a 90-day period, before you're charged another application fee.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

If you passed all the testing first YES!

• Jeff
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Got to pass the tests first. My state issues a paper temp licence. The plastic card is mailed later

• Poppy
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

No, silly. You must pass the vision test and written test and possibly the drive test. Might take a few hours, might take 20 minutes. Depends on where you live.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JetDoc
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

No. IF you actually pass the tests, you'll get a printed receipt for the fees that you paid and they will mail your license to you within a week or two. They do this to insure you are not giving them a bogus mailing address. If you don't receive your mail at the address you gave them, the license will be returned to the DMV and destroyed.

• 12 months ago

Without knowing what province/state/country you are doing this in, there is no way to guess.

• 12 months ago

In my state, you get a paper temporary license which is legal until you get the real license in a week or so.

• 12 months ago

"Immediately within seconds"? If it takes 20 minutes, are you just going to get up and leave?

Some people's children. I swear...

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Nope. You are paying to take tests. You got to pass them first. Both of them. Money does not talk here.

• 12 months ago

Yea usually. It depends by state.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.