Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 8 months ago

Why the hell is like every store closing??!? Between bobs, Sears, Kmart, bed bath and beyond, etc?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Because the moron Millennials are buying everything online. Even things like diamonds, which are one of a kind. They have NO personal skills and cannot communicate face to face.

• Linda
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Because of Ebay and Amazon.

• 8 months ago

First of all, if you're going to ask this question, at least post places thats actually somewhat well known. Like what is Bobs? This must be a small enough business that has like MAYBE a few stores but but not large enough for most to still have heard about it.

Secondly, a lot of the time it's because of bad management and couldn't keep up with changes fast enough. Sort of like Blockbusters refused to go digital at first and even refused Netflix's offer 10+ years ago and look at them now.

Thirdly, convenience. Nowadays we can have things ordered to our front door or at least convenient enough to have it deliver at our closest post office that we can just walk (or short drive) over to pick it up.

Lastly, kind of an add on to the 2nd one, but a lot of the times, it could be because the store's prices and the quality you're paying for might have something to do with it as a lot of the times, it might not make sense in a few factors. Like if you can buy something that's in a similar quality but for much cheaper and or more convenient, most would go with that route as oppose to go out of your way to get something that's more expensive but has similar quality.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Lol why do you care? The less the better

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Well I could drive 20 minutes to a store or sit down and order online in my undies and have it delivered.... getting to be an easy proposition.

• Don G
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Watch your language on YA.

• 8 months ago

Hey it's the end of the world. Walmart will probably be one of the last place open until the end. You gonna have to get that mark in your hand or forehead to buy your food pretty soon. Ha I don't even know why most likely because not many people shop there anymore so they're losing money instead of gaining.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I assume because buying over the Internet is more convenient and cheaper a lot of the time.

Lv 7
    8 months ago

Online shopping is killing brick and mortar stores

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Ebay

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.