Can you be romantically attracted to someone but not sexually attracted to them - and have that partnership last/blossom?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Absolutely. Some people just don't feel sexual attraction and still have wonderful lasting relationships.

• DIEGO.
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

good question!

• 8 months ago

Of course. All relationships are different and many relationships do not need sex to survive. However, you must talk to your partner about this to make sure you are on the same page.

• 8 months ago

Yes. This very much the case for asexuals who are not aromantic. Asexuals can have relationships with people who aren’t asexual so why wouldn’t you be able to date someone who you aren’t sexually attracted to.

Source(s): Personal experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

I was romantically attracted to someone in the past. I started to develop feelings because he was flirting me and paying me attention. So I found myself thinking about him a lot. We were hanging out at first and was thinking of seriously dating him. In fact I would even feel some jealousy if other women showed interest. However I wasn't sexually attracted to him. There was something about his outside appearance that turned me off a lot. He wasn't ugly or anything but I couldn't dream of him and me in bed together. So I let it go and I am happy I did.

• 8 months ago

yes there are multible cases of this happening and sometimes it can turn into a marriage, Plus think of it like this have you heard of any relation ships where they have been only sexualy attracted to each other no or well if you have they wouldn't be successful

so in short yea you can

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No its not possible. You need di ck in your life

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No. "Romantic attraction" doesn't ******* mean anything.

• 8 months ago

No I can't, but thanks for asking

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.