Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 year ago

I banged my toe into a wall, barefoot. It’s been 4 hours since the incident and the pain hasn’t stopped and it’s a little red.?

And whenever I apply pressured to that specific toe, the pain increases. It’s currently late & I can’t drive myself to the hospital. Is it possible I broke my toe ?

• martin
    1 year ago

You may not have broken it. If it's puffy and the pain is quite sharp even when no pressure is applied, then there might be a hairline fracture in one of the bones.

• Carson
    1 year ago

It's possible, but there's really not a lot that can be done. Ice and OTC analgesics.

If you did seek medical treatment of can't be set, but you may get a walking boot.

• Cogito
    1 year ago

Even if it's broken, they won't do anything about it. I know - I've done it! They can't put toes in plaster.

Use some tape or bandaids/plasters to strap your toe to the ones either side of it (or if it's an end one, use the next toe only), keeping it as straight as possible. Wear well-fitting shoes all the time for a few weeks.

It stops hurting eventually!