How fast should my 2003 Honda Element 4 speed AUTOMATIC abs able to go compared to the manual transmission?

My car is an 03 Honda Element awd 4 speed auto and one night I was driving on a long stretch of a highway on the interstate cruising 80 mph or so. Being a long and safe stretch that Im fairly familiar of I went full throttle to see what my car could top out? When I hit the gas the car had no problem accelerating... show more My car is an 03 Honda Element awd 4 speed auto and one night I was driving on a long stretch of a highway on the interstate cruising 80 mph or so. Being a long and safe stretch that Im fairly familiar of I went full throttle to see what my car could top out? When I hit the gas the car had no problem accelerating from 80 to 95 mph but once it hit 95 mph it slowly got up to 98 ish is something then it wouldn’t go any faster. There is no way a 160 hp engine would be that weak to get a brick going any faster. I would think it should’ve been able to to 110- 120 mph before it becomes drag limited. However my truck has 140,000 miles(almost) and needs a new o2 sensor.

I KNOW this is not a performance vehicle but I would think any 4 banger should be able to do 110 mph. Hell, the white commercial vans are able to do 100 mph no problems and they are WAY non aerodynamic as my car!

What could be hindering my car from being able to do 110 mph? Clogged fuel filter perhaps? Any car should be able hit at least 110 if think. Also it makes me really frustrated when my car cannot go that fast when I might need to go that fast.