My father is drinking again, should I be worried?

Just a little background. My father was an alcoholic throughout most of my childhood. He finally stopped in my late teens and after a few other mental battles, didn't go back. After a few years, he was able to drink responsibly but again he mostly stopped for good after that. A couple of years ago, he fell... show more Just a little background.

My father was an alcoholic throughout most of my childhood. He finally stopped in my late teens and after a few other mental battles, didn't go back. After a few years, he was able to drink responsibly but again he mostly stopped for good after that. A couple of years ago, he fell into a relapse and didn't stop for a few months until it got the better of him and once again he went into recovery.

Back then he was working/stressing and now he's retired. He claims he's happy, but a few days ago he got some beer at the store. He claimed he had trouble sleeping and would only drink one a night to help him sleep. For the first two nights he did, but last night after sleeping all day he drank three beers before falling asleep.

Basically i wonder if I should be worried. My mom has talked about leaving many times, but never did so because he got better. She said she'll leave this time if he drinks more than two. Should I bring this up? He's disabled and gets goverment assistance. She's talked about not leaving due to him not being able to pay for the house and such. What do you think?