Wi-Fi repeater connection problem!!!?

I m trying to connect a crappy EnGeius ERB300H two-way embarrassingly old router at my mom s house that has no WPS connection button. #1 Should I set the should I set the repeaters IP address to match the routers IP DHCP or the Broadband IP ? #2 Both devices router and repeater have matching subnet so is that a... show more I m trying to connect a crappy EnGeius ERB300H two-way embarrassingly old router at my mom s house that has no WPS connection button.

#1
Should I set the should I set the repeaters IP address to match the routers IP DHCP or the Broadband IP ?
#2
Both devices router and repeater have matching subnet so is that a problem or supposed to be like that?
#3
Never Peter has no designated Gateway should I type in one matching the routers default gateway?
#4
Should the repeater which has no designated DNS be set to match my routers first or second DNS?
DNS1 ends with a 0 & DNS2 ends in a 2...

Are there any other tips or points of information I should be made aware of?

Is there anything I need to know about establishing this connection manually that I have overlooked or not even asked about that you could fill me in on?