Anonymous

Learning how to drive, steering and turning is hard.?

So I drove yesterday for the first time and making the turns while steering felt hard to do. Like I didn't know how much to turn the wheel and I didn't straighten the wheel fast enough so I had to stop straighten the wheel then go. How do I know how much to turn the wheel for a turn and how can i straighten the wheel right after a turn?

So I practice turning for two hour and now I know how to turn properly. It's actually very easy and simple to do. All I needed was some more practice and getting used to the feeling of steering. Thank you for all the answers.

• Brian
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

It will get easier and easier with practice, much like typing on a keyboard becomes fluent/instinctive it will get to the point where you dont actually have to think about it.Even an experienced driver moving to a new vehicle has a period of adjustment, getting to know the controls and how much pressure to be applyed on the pedals and stearing wheel, adjusting to the length and width of the vehicle etc..after time its like you kind of tune into that vehicle and pretty much drive without having to concentrate to hard on every gear change or turn of the wheel.Just give it some time and you will get there.

• Jeff
    1 year ago

I bet you can play video games.

• Katie
    1 year ago

If you struggle with the EASIEST part of driving give up NOW before you cause a serious accident.

• Scott
    1 year ago

It was your first time driving. You just need more experience. Turning isn't difficult.

• Poppy
    1 year ago

Each vehicle is different, period. Turn the wheel until the car is pointed where you want to go then return to center. Don’t overthink, it’s really not difficult.

• 1 year ago

I remember this was something I worried about but it was pretty easy for me. I would say it will come with a little practice. Driving is not hard, but you can't expect to be good at the first time you do it.

I found once that to turn 90 degrees left or right, I turned my steering wheel 90 degrees. You might try that! But you don't turn it all at once. You go into the turn gently and come out gently.

But practice is the most important thing. If you just go out and make turn after turn, after a few of them you'll be better. You'll see.

• 1 year ago

Hello!

I understand how you feel. Even I had these concerns when I was learning how to drive. Stop worrying about this. This is the first time you are trying. It is normal that you do not know how much to steer the wheel. Keep practising and with time you will learn everything and will be able to drive effortlessly.