CDL Class A & B Manual transmission lisence restriction?

Hello,

I have my class A license with a manual restriction since I took my test on a automatic so I can’t drive manual trucks. I have a Class B license as well with the manual restriction. Can I now drive class A trucks with manual or will I have to redo my test on class A trucks for the manual transmission.

• JetDoc

No, Skippy. You DO NOT have a Class B license. USDOT rules say you can only hold ONE drivers license. If you have a Class A, then your Class B is no longer valid.

If you want to upgrade your commercial drivers license, you'll have to retest in a vehicle that meets the standard of the license you are seeking... In other words... If you want to drive a truck with a manual transmission, you'll have to test in a truck that has a manual transmission.

• michael11 months agoReport

That’s incorrect because in my state I have on my license abcd and I’ve asked my dot tester and he said if I have a class A then I have all them.

• Ron

If you want to drive a manual you test on a manual