Would you let your teenager be friends with someone if you found out their friend’s parents were in prison?

My parents are in prison for armed robbery along with a few other bad choices. Today, this one girl I’ve been hanging out with, told me that her parents said she couldn’t be friends with me anymore because my parents are in prison and her parents are worried that I might not be a good influence for her. I don’t get... show more My parents are in prison for armed robbery along with a few other bad choices. Today, this one girl I’ve been hanging out with, told me that her parents said she couldn’t be friends with me anymore because my parents are in prison and her parents are worried that I might not be a good influence for her. I don’t get it. Her parents never even met me and gave me a chance. I consider myself to be a pretty normal 15 year old. I play sports, I get decent grades in school (A’s and B’s), and I’m not involved with illegal things like my parents were. So are people just not going to want me hanging out with their kids and am I not going to be able to find friends?
Update: @Tri-Harder: I live with foster parents. I have lived with them for about 5 months now so I think it's a relatively stable living situation.
@ Katherine W: I'm a girl and she's a girl so there is no dating interest lol