How do you get another insurance company to return calls?

I was in an auto accident and my car was smashed to where I can't drive it. The other driver was at fault and my insurance adjuster has been on the ball, but the other insurance company and the other driver won't return her calls or respond to her letters. I have tried to reach them myself and they... show more I was in an auto accident and my car was smashed to where I can't drive it. The other driver was at fault and my insurance adjuster has been on the ball, but the other insurance company and the other driver won't return her calls or respond to her letters. I have tried to reach them myself and they won't respond to me either. It has been two weeks and being without an operable vehicle has been very difficult, but I can't do anything without either getting the money for my vehicle or them paying to fix it.

Is there some way to force the other insurance company to contact me or my adjuster and make some progress on the claim? Is there a legal time limit that they can go without processing the claim?