$@!ar W!nd asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 8 months ago

France's vineyards are under frost alert, is Global Warming the cause?

Fires burning in vineyards to protect them from frost in France in the middle of April 2019.

Update:

The reason for the K/W diagram is because, in my last question regarding the Greenhouse Effect, someone had it deleted from that question and the question was moved. I don't like pointing fingers, but I have two people in mind.

Attachment image

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

No, a cold front.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Nope a hoax has no cause

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

What is really sad is that you have alarmists trying to suggest that maybe GW is responsible for cooling. Probably most of them see the pit falls in that type of argument and the risk to their Cause. South Dakota where I grew up had a snow storm last week and a bad one the week before. These types of storms have been happening for ever. Blaming cold on warming is pretty funny but some alarmists try.

• Dirac
      Lv 4
      8 months agoReport

What’s your politically correct term? I refuse to call people skeptics that aren’t.

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Possible. All it takes is a tongue of warm air pushing northward to disrupt the polar vortex and send a tongue of cold air flowing southward to compensate. That's why we study GLOBAL warming, not regional.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

What you failed to mention was that this cold snap follows an unusually warm Spring, with vineyards many weeks ahead in growth.

Was global cooling the cause?

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Yes, global warming is causing worldwide changes to local climates. With more energy in the atmosphere, expect more wind, more rain, more frost, more snow, more heat, more floods, more storms, more melting glaciers, more drought, more human deaths.......etc

What is really sad is that some pig-headed republicans refuse to see this threat staring them in the face. They'd rather burn everything down to the ground than to admit they've been fools.

• $@!ar W!nd
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

As usual alarmist pseudoscience in action with no scientific support. The Sun and Nature kicks alarmist butt. LOL.

• 8 months ago

What makes you think that warming makes frost?

• Cowboy
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

What makes you think at all? Lemme guess Breitbart, right? Maybe gateway pundit? daily caller? You sound like a real thinker.
      LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sam
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

what part of Global and climate escapes you?

• sam
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

august..no scientist said that

• Dirac
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

So what? You're talking about weather and Cote D'or is about the same latitude as North Dakota.

EDIT: Here's something amusing. Solar Wind rejects the greenhouse effect. As far I know, there are no climate scientists at all that reject that. In the comments to his own "answer" to his own question, Solar Wind gave the name of Will Happer as someone who felt the same way. Here is a quote from Will Happer:

"CO2 really is a greenhouse gas and, other things being equal, adding CO2 to the atmosphere by burning coal, oil, and natural gas will modestly increase the surface temperature of the earth."

So there you have it, even Solar Wind's trusted source rejects the anti-greenhouse effect nonsense that Solar Wind spouts.

Care to give the names of any other scientists that support your ideas?

Another EDIT: Solar Wind didn't believe that Will Happer actually said that--it's from his "The Truth About Greenhouse Gases" published by The Global Warming Policy Foundation. In general it's garbage, but the quote does point out that NOBODY actually believes Solar Wind's rejection of the greenhouse effect.

• Al P
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Happer accepts the greenhouse effect.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

no as it doesnt exist

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.