Unusual idea for an aquarium set up. Unsure if plausible or not.?

Here s the set up: Two fifty-five gallon fish tanks, each on a metal shelf stand. Each tank has two holes (drilled or cut out, idk, and wouldn t mind having the neccessary steps for this explained) in their glass floors. There are corresponding holes drilled through the metal shelves that they sit on. Two U shaped... show more Here s the set up: Two fifty-five gallon fish tanks, each on a metal shelf stand. Each tank has two holes (drilled or cut out, idk, and wouldn t mind having the neccessary steps for this explained) in their glass floors. There are corresponding holes drilled through the metal shelves that they sit on. Two U shaped glass tubes seem to hang under it, one bigger than the other, so the smaller one is above it. One end of each is set securely through the holes of one shelf and the holes of one tank, same on the other side (picture to better explain). The idea is that, when both tanks are filled with water, the tubes would fill, too, and the fish would be able to use them as highways, so they could swim freely from one tank to the other. I m not sure how the tubes could be securely connecting, though I was imagining in the same way that the walls of the tanks are connected. Also, a friend proposed the problem of pressure from the water above being too much on the tubes. I really just want to know if this is doable. And, if doable, but there are some glaring obstacles, to have them explained. Side note: This is actually an idea I came up with for a tank set up in a novel I m writing. I ve lived around fish tanks, but have never actually tried doing anything remotely like this with them- not sure how to put that. Also, I ve never been good with science, so a dumbed down explanation would be nice, but either way, any help is appreciated. Anyway, thanks.