Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 9 months ago

Do I have tetanus?

So earlier today, I scraped myself lightly on this metal tiki torch that has some rust on it. I did not cut myself, it was just a light scrape. There was no bleeding at all, but there was marks from the metal that came off after I washed my hands. Now if I look at it, I see just about nothing besides the tiniest scrape that I bet most people couldn't even see. I got my tdap in 2014 by the way. Thanks.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Your fine

• Login to reply the answers
  • Joe
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Tetanus bacteria grows in moist soil, when contaminated by animal waste. Rust just indicates the presence of moisture at some point.

Unless your Tiki torch was lying on the ground in a cow pasture, it was not contaminated with Tetanus bacteria.

• Diane A
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

And the tetanus shot is still good

• 9 months ago

When something like that happens you use Clorox bleach which will kill any germ on your skin. You probably are okay as far as tetanus is concerned.

• Marc
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Tetanus will take a while to develop, not just one day. Also, tetanus will be a problem in metal puncture wounds. It doesnt come from rust. The spore typically comes from contaminated farm enviornment where there is animal feces. A light scratch will not infect with tetanus as it needs a near zero oxygen enviornment.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sparky
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

You'll be fine.

No blood, means no skin penetration into the bloodstream.

• 9 months ago

You might have, yes. See a Doctor, quickly.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

No. But if you punctured yourself, how would we know? Do you think reputable psychics are on this site?

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Nah. You are not THAT lucky.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

No you won't contract it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.