Will I be able to use my vertical ID in Colorado on my 21st birthday?

Hi all, I am from Colorado and I am turning 21 this Saturday. Woo woo. However, the DMV is not open on the weekends so I can't get an updated horizontal license. All I have is my vertical license that says "under 21". Can I use my ID to order alcohol if its not expired?

• g

Affirmative.

If it gives your birthdate. The clerk can figure out how old you are now.

i dont know

No

The whole point of the vertical ID is that it makes it harder to alter the ID. Allowing you to use your vertical ID to buy alcohol would defeat this entire program, which cost millions.

• danxp2

That will be an establishment by establishment decision.

Some will allow it as actually birthday is on the ID, some have a no vertical license policy. I do not know which establishments will be which.

You can use it as proof of age at bar, but they can refuse to let you in as sting opperations on underage selling of alcohol are common, or they could serve you. Sorry your 21st birthday is a Saturday.

Shouldn't you plan ahead for such things?