Is it weird that I'm 17, and I HAVE to have my babyhood blanket to sleep ?

So ever since I was a baby, I've had this blanket that a friend made for me. I brought it everywhere, and i would cry without it. And even now, I really can not sleep with out it. I bring it everywhere I travel, or even road trips. And even as a early teenager, I'd bring it in the car with me on the way to... show more So ever since I was a baby, I've had this blanket that a friend made for me. I brought it everywhere, and i would cry without it. And even now, I really can not sleep with out it. I bring it everywhere I travel, or even road trips. And even as a early teenager, I'd bring it in the car with me on the way to school. I still bring it anywhere in the house I go, whether I'm eating, sleeping, or doing homework. I also do this weird thing where I have to rub my lips and fingers against it ?? I know that sounds really weird, but I've been doing it since I was a baby. I've tried before to see if I could sleep without it, and I'd fall asleep eventually, but I avoid that happening at all costs. Should I try to wean myself off of my blanket ?