use an endoscope snake camera to inspect my pipes?

Hi, my drain is a little clogged and I want to use an inspection camera to see what is going on. However, I don't think that the camera can get into the sink hole because the diameter of the camera is too big (5.5mm, or 0.22 in). I have a double sink. Can I run the snake camera through the garbage disposal and be able to see what's happening in the pipes?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

The garbage disposal is a food grinding machine. I don't think there's a path straight through you can exploit.

• 1 year ago

Open up the P-trap below the disposal and you'll have a straight shot down the pipes. No need to remove the disposal.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Remove the disposal and put the camera into the pipe, if the clog isn't in the first few inches after the disposal.

• 1 year ago

The problem with your idea is that the snake would have to make it's way into and through the disposal container system and then make it's way into the drain, which will still be too small for the camera. I would recommend making a mixture of vinegar and baking soda (you can find the recipe online), and flushing your drains with it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

If you have one, sure, but most people just don't have those things lying around.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.