Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutFast Food · 11 months ago

Why do fast food employees always have a bad attitude?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Cause working at fast food sucks.

• Login to reply the answers
  • chorle
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

They almost never do with me, maybe you are a jerk

• 10 months ago

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt because I have no idea what kind of day they've had. As a former fast food worker, I can say that it wears on you. You're dealing with a fast-paced, often hectic kitchen on one side and hungry, understandably impatient customers on the other. Sometimes customers are just out-and-out rude or crazy, same goes for your co-workers a lot of the time because these places have such a high turnover. Not to mention the almost baffling messes you find in the bathrooms (you do the cleaning). It's easy to burn out and forget your manners.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Because they don't like their jobs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Usually they are people who are untrained in professionalism. Plus, customers put up with their nasty attitudes, so they think they can get away with it more often and just become used to being bad food service workers.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

because they are bitches

• 10 months ago

no one wants to be in this industry if have choice. it's really low pay

• 11 months ago

A lot of it has to do with the customers who think they're god's gift to the world

• 11 months ago

as a fast food employee, I know this answer sucks but unfortunately, it's what applies to most. Dealing with so many rude people all the time gets OLD, fast. It can kill your mood for the rest of your shift, not counting whatever else people deal with outside of work. Usually, it's also minimum wage which makes it even worse (not saying minimum wage is bad, I mean it's fast food not brain surgery, but it definitely doesn't give us more of an incentive), and also going out of our way to be super nice and helpful to people who dont care or are rude or dont tip can feel like a waste sometime. I know it's our JOB and at the end of the day we do get paid to do so we SHOULD be nice to everybody but dealing with endless jerks takes a lot patience that a lot of people dont care enough to have because in their eyes it's not worth it, most likely not going to get fired just for having a bad attitude so why try to fake smile and go the extra mile for a stranger who doesnt appreciate it? *shrug*

• Mog
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

You get what you pay for

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.