Leave a 4 month baby for almost 3 days?

I have a 2 night holiday booked and by the time it comes around baby will be almost 4 months. I will also be breastfeeding. She will be staying with the father and grandma. I will miss her so so much but I need a break and some time to feel human. Am I wrong to do this??

• GB
    1 year ago

You will have to get your baby used to a bottle before-hand, either with expressed breast milk, or formula. While away, you will need to pump milk a few times a day, to keep your supply going. This milk should be dumped if freezing it to take home is not practical. But be prepared for your baby to not want to nurse when you return home. It might happen.

• Linda
    1 year ago

STAY HOME WITH YOUR BABY!!!!!

• 1 year ago

I could not have done that. I wouldn't be able to bear it. You may think you can do it and find out you can't.

• 1 year ago

the baby wil probably die beinhg away from you from the first time and breastfeedinf from his grandma

• Logan
    1 year ago

There's a reason 'it takes a village' is a saying about raising kids. Communities used to raise children together and thus the burden on the mother was less. Everyone needs a break every now and then and you've probably spent the last 4 months in constant contact with the baby at all hours of the day and night. You've earned a break.

• 1 year ago

That is fine. Enjoy!!

• BIG DILL
      1 year agoReport

My husband and I planned a 2 day anniversary trip when our baby was 4 months old. The baby stayed with grandma and was fine, but I was breast feeding him and the my breasts felt like they were about to explode by the end of the first day. Ended up with mastitis on top of missing baby.

1 year ago

She will be fine. You can pump and freeze. If you haven't been using bottles, you might want to get baby used to that before you go.

The baby has two parents and will be A-OK if one of you is absent for a couple days.

• Suzy Q
    1 year ago

Not everybody is comfortable doing that, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

Our oldest was just the same age when we left him at my parents while we had a weekend break. Also almost 3 days. I've never regretted it. We needed that time to reconnect.

Just one caveat: I was unable to breastfeed, so I didn't need to get my baby used to bottles, leave a supply of breast milk and pump during the weekend to keep my supply up. Those things need a bit of planning since you're breastfeeding.

• Mark
    1 year ago

No, she will be fine. I thought you were going to ask an outlandish question like "can a leave 4 month old baby by herself in an empty house? (You'd be surprised at how many people think it is "funny" to ask such questions.)

• 1 year ago

Nope I think she will be fine, sometimes people need a break its just four days and the baby is with two hopefully trustful people who will tale care of him/her.