Hi, need some help with paving, I'm extending my alfresco!?

So as the heading states, I need help with my paving, I am doing 10cm of crushed limestone for sub base and 3 cm of builders sand for the bedding sand, now I want to new pavers to sit flush with existing ones, however all the information online states, not to compact it and to make sure sand sits 1cm higher to... show more So as the heading states, I need help with my paving, I am doing 10cm of crushed limestone for sub base and 3 cm of builders sand for the bedding sand, now I want to new pavers to sit flush with existing ones, however all the information online states, not to compact it and to make sure sand sits 1cm higher to allow for compacting the pavers down. Now my concern is, what happens if I compact and it doesn't drop 1 cm and my extent ion is left with a lip higher at the join? Seems to be easier to compact it hard and then screed it off perfectly level with the bottom of the existing pavers, obviously this isn't ideal for the purpose of bedding sand though, but I am just worried it won't compact the 1cm, advice please 😊
1 answer 1