Should I Change My Last Name from Annas?

I am an actor and want to know if my current name, Nick Annas, is suitable or if I should change it to get more roles. I want to know how you see my name, if I should change it, why, and what I should change it to.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Nick - your name has next to nothing to do with casting. Changing it will not get you more jobs. No one says “Wow! What a great audition, but with that name there’s no way we can cast him” or “He looks nothing like what we need, but love his name so let’s hire him”.

There are legitimate reasons to change you name - and you can if you want. It won’t get you more job. You’re better off examining your marketing materials - headshot, resume, show reel, website and working with an agent if you want to improve your job opportunities.

• Athena
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You are only thinking about his NOW ??????

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Change it if you want to - but it won't have any effect on getting any auditions. When they cast, they look at your appearance, your training and your experience. They don't care about your name in the slightest.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

If I changed it to anything, I'd change it to Nick Anna, just dropping the S. Guys with last names that are girls first names is kind of a thing. You know how it's kind of a thing for girls to have a boys' name for their first name. It's also kind of a thing for guys, especially actors, to have a girls' name for their last name. Think Thomas Jane.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

How about Nick Erbocker-Glory?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.