How can I be as helpful and supportive of a loved one with type 1 Diabetes as possible?

My girlfriend has type 1 and we had a good honest talk tonight about why she doesn’t take care of herself the way she should and just her general overall thoughts on what she has to deal with. I know it’s got to be up to her to take care of herself, that being said, I want to know what those of you who have a loved... show more My girlfriend has type 1 and we had a good honest talk tonight about why she doesn’t take care of herself the way she should and just her general overall thoughts on what she has to deal with. I know it’s got to be up to her to take care of herself, that being said, I want to know what those of you who have a loved one do to be as supportive as possible. She doesn’t know hardly anything about how to take care of herself other than she has insulin that she takes when she can feel her blood sugar is high. Any resources advice or anything else you have to offer is helpful and appreciated thank you