Why do military veterans wear their uniforms around town all the time?

All the military veterans I know personally don't do this because they think it comes off as weird/show offy. But I see other people do it all the time and it does seem a little weird (no offense) your like going out to eat at MacDonalds in full camo. Why? Is the uniform comfy or something? Are they going to... show more All the military veterans I know personally don't do this because they think it comes off as weird/show offy. But I see other people do it all the time and it does seem a little weird (no offense) your like going out to eat at MacDonalds in full camo. Why? Is the uniform comfy or something? Are they going to work right after there MacDonalds? That would make sense. Kind of like people who wear full suits to places like MacDonalds. Like I can see it in certain situations but it's weird if your just going to MD and then going back home after.